Commercial Auto

 Many states require individuals to purchase vehicle insurance to protect their cars. Car insurance is mandated for good reason- if you get into an accident, you and the other driver involved will be thankful you have coverage. If you are a business owner whose company has a fleet of vehicles, the same auto insurance needs still apply.

Even if your employees use company cars for both business and personal use, it would be good to look into purchasing a commercial vehicle policy for your business. If the business is the owner of the vehicle, make sure the name of the business appears on the policy as the "principal insured" rather than your name.

Whether your company needs to purchase a commercial auto insurance policy is dependent on the type of driving its employees do. Our agents will sit down with you and explain your business's vehicle insurance options. You will be asked about how your employees use their vehicles, which employees drive company cars, and if some employees will be using their own cars for company work and travel.

We understand that you may have questions about the type of coverage that may be right for you. Our friendly agents will walk you through your insurance shopping, and search the country to find you the best rate. Contact us today or call to learn more about your options- or get a free commercial auto insurance quote right now!

General Liability

Does your business have enough liability coverage?

If you are relying on the liability coverage provided through a Business Owner’s Policy (BOP), then chances are you do not have enough. Although a BOP does provide liability coverage for businesses, it is often at a small limit and not enough to cover costs due to claims and lawsuits.

Does your business qualify for general liability coverage?

It is important to know which market your business falls into before you shop for liability insurance. Those businesses that fall into the “excess surplus market” (i.e. “dangerous” occupations such as roofers, siders, etc.) have to purchase excess liability insurance. If your business falls into the “standard market” (i.e. technology companies, lawyers, etc.) then you qualify for general liability insurance.

General liability insurance protects your business from a variety of things. Typically, your insurance agent can create a customized policy for you to include different types and amounts of coverage. The following coverage is often included in a general liability line:

· Business Personal Property (BPP)

· Protection of your business’ property from:

· Fire

· Theft

· Vandalism

· Claims due to:

· Bodily injury

· Property Damage

· Terrorism coverage

· And more….

General Liability insurance protects a business from many liability issues, but business owners should also consider adding specialized liability coverage like errors & omissions insurance.    

Contact us for information on all of the business insurance lines we offer and a free quote for California general liability insurance.

Commercial Property

Although most business owner policies (BOPs) do provide coverage for property, this most often pertains only to the actual structure of your business. Under a BOP, generally, the structure of your business is covered from events of “peril” (i.e. weather-related damage) and causes of loss (i.e. Robbery). What about the furniture, computers, and equipment in your building? Who will cover the cost of replacing an outdoor sign?

This is where Commercial Property Insurance comes in. A typical Commercial Property Insurance policy will cover the property of your business that a BOP will not. Most insurance agencies can compile a Commercial Property Insurance line to include coverage for:

· Structure (building) of your business

· Furniture

· Equipment

· Lost inventory

· Landscaping

· Outdoor signs

· Damage to the property of others

· And more…

Commercial Property Insurance is customizable in most cases, allowing you to provide more coverage for the things that truly matter to your business, and less coverage to the things that do not. Don’t think you need Commercial Property coverage? Consider this: if a fire erupts in the building of your business and you lose your entire inventory, are you positive that your BOP provides enough coverage to replace it all? If someone breaks into your business and steals expensive equipment, are you positive your BOP provides enough coverage to replace it in full?

Contact us right away for a free quote and more information on Commercial Property Insurance. We are a business too, so we understand your complex needs and the importance of comprehensive insurance.

Erros & Omissions

 Errors and Omissions insurance is a type of indemnity protection for businesses to cover the failure and negligence of your products and services and results in a financial loss for your clients. Companies of all sizes and types are exposed to risks that can potentially put you out of business. If a client alleges that an error or an omission was made regarding their account and they suffered a financial loss, you may be served with a lawsuit.

Professional services of all types require insurance protection. Whether you own an information technology business, an insurance agency, or a real state agency, your business needs E & O insurance coverage.

Don’t let a small mishap turn into a large lawsuit. Protect your business. Contact Shield Uribe Insurance Agency for a free quote and an evaluation of your businesses needs.


Let’s be clear: bonds are not insurance policies – they’re guarantees. It is not uncommon for business and contactors to have certain projects bonded to ensure they are completed, no matter what complications may arise. We specialize in providing both large and small businesses with the following bonds:

· Performance – to guarantee the performance of contractually agreed upon work

· Bid – guarantees the beginning of work following the winning of a bid

· Indemnity – guarantees any losses should a party fail to meet deadlines

· Payment – promises payment to all sub-contractors and vendors

· License – a bond guaranteed to a state or federal agency

Contact us to find out how our bonding services can be tailored to meet your specific needs.

Inland Marine

The term inland marine can be confusing to many. But it should not be overlooked by businesses when shopping for insurance products. You may be surprised to learn that inland marine insurance actually has nothing to do with the ocean or marine related issues but instead, involves the transportation of goods over land.

Inland marine insurance covers articles in transit by planes, trains, automobiles, and trucks including bridges, tunnels, and other modes. Inland marine insurance will often cover important and highly valuable items such as jewelry, fine arts, and china.

Because an independent insurance agency, we will shop the top carriers in the country to find your transportation business the best inland marine insurance available. By purchasing inland marine insurance through us, you can concentrate on operating your business with the peace of mind you deserve. Free rate quotes!